Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Beginning of the Week

Class on Monday was pretty interesting.  We have moved off of the topic of abortion and are now covering some other things.  I don’t really care for the professor’s teaching style in that she jumps around a lot, and I think she would be very difficult to follow if English weren’t your first language (which is true for half of the class).  We also had two student presentations.  After class, Lizzie (MA) and I went to get a drink and snack before using the University’s free wireless.  It’s becoming our tradition.  In case you didn’t notice, I uploaded many more pictures (picasa.google.com/eebeckelhimer).   I was very tired last night, and I felt sick, so I just went back to my dorm and did some research for my final project.  I think the CDC’s website is going to be very helpful, considering how much I’ve used it already. 
This morning, I woke up feeling worse.  It’s just a cold, but it’s making me tired and achy.  I made myself do laundry, clean, and cook tonight’s dinner because I knew that tonight I wouldn’t feel like it.  Class today was pretty much a waste of my life.  The class was discussing an article they had read (which we hadn’t because it was in German) and it was just too hard for me to follow.  With all of the different accents, and the subject being one I’m not too familiar with, I gave up.  We had tutorial afterwards and talked about the format of our papers.  I’m not too worried, although 10-12 pages with 1.5 spacing will be about the longest I’ve ever written.  Our tutor is very nice, though, and said he would look over drafts and outlines for us, and he promised to bring in an article to help me get started.  We are also going to take a fieldtrip to the ECB in Frankfurt.  I guess it is the main bank of the EU (unless I’m just confused, which I might be).  It’s not 100% related to our class, but it should be interesting. 
When I got back to my room this evening, I reserved 3 plane tickets for Edinburgh!  It’s only going to be 34 Euros a person, roundtrip.  That’s not bad, although I was angry because it was only supposed to be 24.  There was a hidden credit card fee.  Oh well.   I am still very excited and can’t wait to look up hostels and things to do.  We are going December 2-5 and will be making a day trip to Glasgow one day.  The train is much cheaper than it is in Germany, and we all want to see another city.  Katie (WV) and Alexandra (AZ) are going with me.  It should be a lot of fun. 
Well, I had better go start my homework.  My tutor assigned me a 6 page article in German that he said was hard to read.  It’s due tomorrow, and I imagine it will take me at least 2 hours to get through.  Fun fun.  Oh well, I guess I am here to study, not just to eat and travel. 

1 comment:

  1. You photos from the zoo are pretty cute. We especially liked the giraffes.

    ReplyDelete