Sunday, November 7, 2010

Fun Around Town

On Saturday, I mainly spent the morning cleaning and doing some homework.  I'm still trying to gather facts for my paper on STD education.  I think I have enough to try to write a preliminary outline, and then see what else I need to research.  That afternoon I did some shopping and then went to Bizz and Alejandro's dorm to do some cooking.  We made curry with meat, eggs, veggies, and rice noodles.  It was very tasty.  It was one of those wonderful nights where there was enough food that I could eat as much as I wanted.  We then hung out and played cards for a little bit. 

Today I...surprise...did more homework.  It's nice starting early so I don't have to stress about it.  Plus, I'm still feeling a little tired from my cold, although it's getting better.  In the afternoon, I went to the Kunsthandwerkermarkt.  It was an hand-made-art fair, with vendors from all over Germany.  It was wonderful!!  I was there for about 2 hours, and could have stayed much longer.  Some of the stuff was really expensive, but some was quite affordable.  It was also nice that some of the artists did their work beside the stall, so you could see how they made things.  There was everything from wood-carvings, calligraphy, dyed silk scarves, felted hats, leather-work, and lots of jewelry.  I  bought some Christmas presents there, and a carved turquoise heart pendant for myself.  It was under 3 Euros, so I was pleased with that!

Lizzie met me there, and we went out for dinner to a new doner place.  This time I got my doner with ONLY lettuce, instead of with sauerkraut, cabbage, and pickled onions.  Good choice.  We then went to the Elizabethkirche where we met 5 others for a scavenger hunt!  Bizz and I had prepared a list of some things around the city, and we had an hour and a half to find and take pictures of as many of them as possible.  It was a lot of fun, and afterwards we went out for icecream.  Yum!  A good end to every adventure. 

2 comments:

  1. The town scavenger hunt sounds like a lot of fun . . . especially when it ends with ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss ice cream. Next semester, you'll to sneak some out of Harless for me...

    ReplyDelete