Friday, December 10, 2010

Leaving Marburg

The rest of my week has been spent hanging out with friends, packing, and cleaning.  On Tuesday, after class, I hung out with Bizz.  We watched Mama Mia and ate some tasty chocolate. 

On Wednesday, it was really diffcult to get up for 8 am tutorial.  We did a debate that day, and I think my side was victorious!  Of course, I'm not going to put up anything other than winning.  I went to Lecker Eck one last time, but I got doner-box (doner meat, french fries, and garlic sauce--very nutritious) instead of currywurst, which I had eaten the night before.  For my afternoon tutorial, we met at the Marktplatz and drank gluhwein instead of having a real class session.  That evening, I went to another dorm for a birthday party, but the bus only ran part of the way and then stopped because of snow.  I find it hard to believe that it couldn't get through, considering that a snowplow was right in front of us.  Still, we had to walk about 20 minutes to get there.  It was nice seeing everyone again.  With a few exceptions, no one acted too sad, which was good.  Bizz and I walked back to the main part of town, which took an hour.  The bus still wasn't running and we didn't want to spend the night. 

Yesterday I cleaned and packed before exploring the Christmas Market one more time.  I bought myself another Christmas present--it's a calendar of art of Marburg!  I think artists are all local, and I'd like to keep the pictures because they're very beautiful.  That afternoon, Bizz and I hung out with Maria (Taiwan) and some Korean girls.  There was another party last night, and I wanted to go, but I was afraid of getting snowed in again.  As it was, I went back to my dorm and cleaned. 

This morning, I got checked out with no problems.  I even got all of my housing deposit back, which was good.  I made it to Frankfurt around 10:45 am, and I am now at the hostel waiting for Mom and Dad to get here!  I checked online and saw their flight is on time, so they should be here soon! 

2 comments:

  1. We are happy to be here in Germany and to visit many of the places that you have been telling us about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of running around soon. Have fun and be careful!

    ReplyDelete