Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Quick Update

Happy December!

Let's see where I left off.  Harry Potter was really good, even auf Deutsch.  I'm not going to lie--for most of the movie I didn't worry about paying attention to what the people said.  If you're familiar with the plot, you don't need to.  I will enjoy seeing it in English, though.

On Tuesday, I did a lot of homework and cooking.  I made slow-cooked pork chops and chicken enchiladas.  I couldn't find any kind of spices for the sauce, so I used taco seasoning, which made them reallllly salty.  Other than that, they're good.  I ended up giving my presentation yesterday instead of today, which was okay because I was prepared.  I did a pretty good job, I think.  Bizz came over for dinner and we enjoyed the porkchops and potatoes. 

This morning it was such a struggle to get myself out of bed for 8 am class.  My cold is getting a little worse every day.  I am not pleased about it.  I've been taking lots of vitamins and trying to stay indoors.  Today I've been prepping my dorm room for move-out day and packing for Scotland!  I'm only taking a carry-on, so there's not too much to pack.  I've printed our boarding passes and we're ready to go!  We have to leave at 4 am tomorrow, because there are no trains at convenient times, but it's worth it. 

3 comments:

  1. Get better and be safe. And have fun in Scotland!

    When you get back, we'll see Harry Potter at the cheap theater auf English.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a good time in Scotland. Hope the weather is good and you get feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A weekend in Scotland should be a lot of fun and let you be around other people who speak English . . . sort of!

    ReplyDelete